CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fire in the Old Downtown Mountain Iron

My husband and I had just come back from grocery shopping and were putting the groceries away when we observed some smoke coming from the young neighbor couple's chimney. At first it looked like the wood fire was being stoked, but it quickly became apparent that it was more likely a chimney fire. After I called 911 to report it, I grabbed my Flip video camera to record the events.



Neighbor AnnMarie, with all too vivid flashbacks of the fire which burned her garage two years ago, was on hand with hugs and some warm gloves for Kate who got out of the house with pretty much only what she was wearing. I can only imagine the shock such devastation has brought to their lives.

0 comments: